What is Breast Lift Surgery?
Mastopexy, or breast lift surgery is a contouring procedure to change the contour, shape, and position of the breasts. Ideal for patients with loose, sagging skin at the breasts following weight loss, pregnancy, or breast feeding, this surgery rejuvenates the breasts.
There are several different causes of breast sagging (a condition called ptosis); the effects of pregnancy/nursing, weight fluctuations, and aging are the most common factors.
Some women choose to combine breast lift with breast augmentation for fuller, shapelier breasts and improved breast position.
Breast lift surgery can be combined with other treatments:
- Breast reduction for patient who have excess breast tissue in addition to skin
- Tummy tuck or liposuction, called a Mommy Makeover
- Breast implants for patients who wish to add volume in addition to raising the position of the breasts on the chest
- Procedures of the face such as Facelift or Rhinoplasty
Ideal Candidates for Breast Lift
Only a plastic surgeon can make the decision whether you are a suitable candidate for breast lift
- Are physically and mentally healthy
- Do not have any medical conditions which could increase surgical risks
- Are not pregnant or nursing
- Do not smoke, or can quit several months prior to surgery
- Desire improvement in breast position (not perfection)
Once it has been established that you are a good candidate for surgery, our surgeons will draw up a treatment plan that explains their approach to surgery.
*Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Breast Lift Procedure
Breast lift is performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia.The surgeon will begin by making the incisions either in an anchor or inverted-T pattern. The incision starts at the bottom edge of the areola, extends downward to the crease of the breast and laterally along the breast crease.
Through the incision, the surgeon will reshape the breast tissue to form a mound higher on the chest wall and re-position the nipples higher on the chest.
Once the excess skin is removed, the remaining skin is sutured tight over the breasts.
You should get as much rest as possible in the days following your breast lift surgery. Your breasts may feel sore, swollen or tender, but these side effects will subside over time.Avoid any bending, lifting, or straining until our surgeons advise it is safe to do so. Gentle activity is encouraged when you feel ready.
Everyone recovers at a different pace there is no reason to rush if you don’t feel ready to return to work or your normal routine.
Breast Lift Consultation
The goal of breast lift consultation is two-fold.
- To determine whether breast lift is suitable for your personal needs and goals. This portion of the consultation will include a physical examination and a discussion of your medical history, needs and ideal cosmetic outcome.
- To educate you about the procedure and discuss what it entails. Our team will explain how to prepare for surgery, what to expect on the day of surgery and what the recovery involves. You are encouraged to ask questions and raise any concerns.
Try a Risk Free Virtual Consultation
We understand that deciding to undergo surgery is a major decision.It’s easy, simply complete a few details, and upload 2 photos from the front and side perspective and receive an answer from our surgeons within 48 hours.
Lux Cosmetic Surgery offers virtual consultations completely free, without ever having to leave the comfort of home. And don’t forget to keep an eye on our specials page for great plastic surgery deals.